Creating equal opportunities for all children – regardless of race, gender and socioeconomic background – to learn and grow in their early years is vital to Lincoln’s prosperity. Far too many children arrive at school already behind. Access to quality early childhood development, including good nutrition, quality health care, reduction in adverse childhood experiences, and strong family structure, enables children to go to school, ready to learn and develop into successful community citizens.
The goal is to Lift Lincoln Higher by nurturing every child on the path to success.
By the year 2020 Prosper Lincoln will:
1. Increase cross-sector initiatives to advocate for and improve early childhood development.
2. Increase community awareness about what quality early childhood development is and looks like.
3. Increase resources to enrich early child development at home, in care settings and in the community.
1. Be Informed. Read about the benefits of early childhood education.
2. Stay Connected. Sign up to get Prosper Lincoln email updates.
3. Join the Community. Upload your photo or logo to show your support for Prosper Lincoln.See More Action Steps
Your time and talents are needed. Lift Lincoln Higher by volunteering to support early childhood.
The possibilities are endless…assist in a childcare setting, sign up to read to a child and more.
Search for the perfect opportunity through Lincoln’s volunteer connection, VolunteerLinc.
Give directly to your favorite early childhood program or make a gift to the Prosper Lincoln Early Childhood Fund to provide opportunities like: early childhood education scholarships, tickets to arts and cultural events and access to nutritious meals, wellness checks and healthy activities.
100% of all donations will be granted to early childhood programs in Lincoln with recommendation from the Prosper Lincoln Early Childhood oversight team.Donate Now